New 7 port usb 3.0 hub does not work at all

I just plugged in my new super speed 7 port usb 3.0 hub. Nothing works. Power connection is fine and the usb connection to my new HP notebook is tight. Can you help? I have windows 8 on my computer

Hi Janelee,

Thanks for contacting Plugable support, and sorry to hear about the issues encountered while setting up our hub- we’ll be happy to help!

So we don’t have to play 20 questions to be able to recommend the right troubleshooting steps, could you please run our support tool, PlugDebug, and submit the .zip file it creates on your desktop to support@plugable.com with a link to this thread?

Please be sure to have the hub attached directly to a USB port on your computer while running the tool as this helps us to collect relevant errors about the device when the tool is run. Being able to review complete system details in a standard format helps us to more quickly recommend the right steps.

Instructions to download and use PlugDebug are at the link below:
http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once we’ve had a chance to review the support logs from PlugDebug to see exactly the state of the device and several details about the system’s hardware and software state we’ll be able to recommend the right steps.

Please don’t hesitate to let us know of other questions.

Thanks again for contacting Plugable support and and best wishes!

Jeff Everett
Plugable Technologies