need BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8

I need this file so it will load under Fedora.

Bluetooth: hci0: BCM: Patch brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd not found

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us about the Bluetooth adapter. The following blog post contains instructions for downloading and adding that firmware.

http://plugable.com/2014/06/23/plugab…

For the chip in our adapter, the firmware hasn’t changed for A0 and A1, but since your system is calling for A1, you’ll need to rename the file in the last step, as it mentions in the blog post:

Note: With some kernel versions, you may have to rename the file to BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd. Try the following if you see a message in dmesg that says: “Direct firmware load for brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd failed with error -2”:

sudo cp /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM20702A0-0a5c-21e8.hcd /lib/firmware/brcm/BCM20702A1-0a5c-21e8.hcd

Alright I did that and the “error” is gone but functionality of the Dongle is now degraded.

That which worked “somewhat” before now fails.

It is a Sony noise cancelling headset. It costed around $200.00 and now I cannot use it.

Does your company offer a product that works now?

Hello Mark,

My name is Andy, David is currently unavailable.

Thank you for your reply. I apologize for any inconvenience, we have not encountered this outcome from copying the firmware file in this fashion.

Just to confirm, after installing the firmware file, the system was restarted? It may have problems without the restart.

I attempted to reproduce this behavior in an up-to-date stable Fedora 23 installation.

After successfully pairing with my Bluetooth audio device, I installed the firmware using the instructions on the page that David linked before.

After the computer restart, I had to manually enter the Bluetooth screen and initiate the connection to my Bluetooth audio device again. After that, I went to the sound options in Fedora’s system settings. In addition to selecting the audio device, there was also a Profile drop-down to choose High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink).

Can you share more details about the way that the adapter is no longer functioning? What problems in particular are you encountering and are there any other error messages that have appeared?

Thanks again,

Andy
Plugable Support

Hello Mark,

I wanted to check and see if you had made any progress, or if you had any new details regarding this problem getting Bluetooth audio working.

Thanks!