my wi fi disconnects with USB connected to surface pro 4

When I boot my surface pro 4 with the Plugable 3.0 connected, wi fi does not connect.

If I disconnect the USB from the computer and restart, wi fi works, and still works when I reconnect the USB.

Hi Frederic,

Thanks for contacting us. I’m sorry your Wifi isn’t working when using your dock. I’d be happy to help!

Any USB 3.0 device connected to your system (not just our dock) has the potential to cause interference with your WiFi signal as they both operate on similar frequencies, and it sounds like that may be what is happening here. Intel has published an article here -> http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/e… that speaks to this phenomenon.

One of the most common solutions to this problem is plugging the docking station into another USB port on your system, ideally one on the opposite side of the laptop to help combat the interference. Unfortunately, as you mention you are using a Surface, this test cannot be done (assuming our dock is connected directly to your Surface). Aside from that, would you be able to test physically moving our dock away from your system as far as the USB cable can extend? The goal is to move the USB 3.0 controller in our dock as far away from your system as to mitigate this interference.

Please let us know if moving the dock helps and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support