My Plugable usb adapter stopped working today.

Hello, I just unplugged my Plugable USB 2.0 display adapter and when I plugged it back in, I don’t get any green light and windows7 professional 64 bit edition says that it does no recognize the hardware.

Just before I unplugged it my monitor stopped waking up from standby mode. I hope you all can help.

Hi Myron,

Thanks for posting! Sorry the setup is having trouble.

For the LED to be on, both hardware and software have to be happy, so it could be either having trouble.

Quick double-checks of the simple things:

1. Can you unplug the adapter from the USB port it’s currently in, and plug into another, also checking that the cable connection on the adapter is tight at the same time?
  2. If that doesn’t work, reboot the machine
  3. If that doesn’t work, were any software updates applied just before the problem?

Let us know how those quick double-checks go, and from that we’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks!
Bernie

I tried unplugging it and restarting the computer a total of around 6 times (a new usb port for each attempt). As for new software, I don’t think it’s anything specific, but I did just build a new computer. Ever since I attached it to this new computer, I’ve been having the standby issue (the monitor connected to the plugable adapter wouldn’t power up out of standby mode unless I logged off windows and then logged back in).

So, in short, it hasn’t worked.

One other thing, I had the plugable hooked up on a usb hub along with a mechanical daskeyboard keyboard. I don’t know if that matters at all, but I wanted to give as much detail as possible. Finally, the regular video card I have installed on my computer is a Nvidia Geforce 560 TI from evga.

Thanks in advance,

Myron

Hi Myron,

Thanks for your patience. Thinking through all the symptoms, it’s not yet clear what’s causing the problem on the new machine.

DisplayLink’s debug tool gathers some key information which might help solve it. Could you run it and email the .zip file it generates to us at support@plugable.com?

Here’s how: http://plugable.com/support/tools/dis…

Thanks for emailing that to us - from that, we should be able to figure out next steps.

Thank you!
Bernie