Multiple Monitors Display

I am running or trying to run 4 monitors via one computer. I have one monitor plugged directly into the back of the computer and the other three have a usb vga display port attached and plugged into a usb hub that is plugged into the computer. This has worked fine until recently. I now am showing in “Display Settings” when I click “Identify Monitors” , 1, 3, 5 and 5. I have uninstalled the drivers, unplugged, replugged…done everything I know to do…can someone offer some advice…

Hi Bobbi,

Thanks for posting your question here on Plugable Support, we’ll be happy to help! I have a couple of question that will help me understand your setup and issue better~

1.) Sounds like you’re using Windows, is that correct? Which version?

2.) Can you say more about the USB VGA display port? What make and model is it?

3.) What make and model of USB hub?

4.) What make and model of computer?

5.) What type of symptoms do you see when it fails?

Thanks for replying back with this additional information, it will help me make a better recommendation.

Thank you very much,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

1.) Sounds like you’re using Windows, is that correct? Which version? Windows Vista

2.) Can you say more about the USB VGA display port? What make and model is it? It is a EVGA UV Plus 12

3.) What make and model of USB hub? Ultra - Model USB Hub - states “This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules”

4.) What make and model of computer? Systemax Model WH01 or WH0L

5.) What type of symptoms do you see when it fails? When I try to identify monitors, I have 1, 3, 5 and 5…two monitors are acting as one

Hi Bobbi,

Thanks for the additional detail! Unfortunately, the EVGA UV Plus 12 is not a Plugable product, so I won’t be able to help. Please contact the manufacturer of your device for Technical Support.

But, as a general step, try moving the monitors that are acting as one to ports on the computer instead of the hub and see if there’s any change. No change? Reboot with no monitors connected and connect them one by one.

I hope this helps,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies