Monitors freezing

I recently purchased a two new Asus monitors for the home and a 2nd Plugable 3.0 USB docking station (the first one I use at my office with no problems). I am having a monitor freeze issue that appears to occur whenever I make one of the new monitors my “main” monitor. Seems like a driver issue…please help!

Hi Lee,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your 2nd docking station.

Very strange the behavior you describe, assuming the same system is in use both at home and work. Just to make sure I have the details correct, the new dock and monitors work properly while the ‘Main’ display is set to your internal laptop display but attempting to switch the ‘Main’ display to one of the monitors connected to the dock causes both monitors to freeze?

Pending that confirmation, the next step is to get more information from your system just after the behavior has occurred. Just after the freeze has happened, please keep everything connected and send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com with ‘Ticket 161634’ in the subject line as this will allow us to match everything up and examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps. If you could also include your Amazon Order ID number in your direct email that would be most helpful.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support