Monitor not duplicated

I’m trying to use the hub with a new HP portable using Windows 7. I have it set to “duplicate” the portable monitor on the attached monitor. Sometimes it is duplicated but when I change something or open a new program the attached monitor does not change. When I move the cursor over it part of the new screen appears but not the rest so it is not really refreshing to the new screen. I’ve downloaded the latest drivers already. Any suggestions?

Hi Keith,

Thanks for posting here! As we have many products, could you post back and tell us which is the one that you have?

Without knowing which product you have, we cannot troubleshoot.

If you find it difficult to figure out which model you have, just shoot us an email at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Oder ID and a link to this thread, and we will pull this information from there.

Regrads,
Roze

Roze, the hub I’m using is the UD-160-A. The HP portable has the CORE I7 Intel chips with a RADEON graphics card. I don’t know if that will help or not. Thanks for any help you can give.

Keith,

Thanks for the information! First thing to try when you see the display freeze on Win 7 or Vista is to check whether Windows Aero is disabled (unfortunately it’s common). Can you run the Win 7 Aero troubleshooter and see if that identifies/fixes any problems and helps? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wi…

Just let us know. We’ll figure out next steps.

Thanks for your patience!

Regards,
Roze

I tried that earlier when I saw that “fix” for another problem but I just tried it again and it did not detect a problem. I’m open to other suggestions. I also tried to set the graphics so that the monitor off the hub was the only one instead of using the “duplicate” setting on “screen resolution”. I got the same problem as with the duplication. I don’t know if that helps isolate the issue to however the signal gets sent through the USB port and then the Hub to the monitor. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Keith,

Could you run the DisplayLink support tool (instructions here: http://plugable.com/support/displayli… ) and email the .zip to support@plugable.com. along with a link to this thread and your Amazon Order ID?

This would give us a better insight as to what is going on. Once we analyze it, we can figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze