Monitor Arrangment MacBook Pro

I have two identical ViewSonic 24-inch monitors hooked up to my early-2010 17-inch MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard using two Plugable UGA-2K-A (DisplayLink DL-195 Chipset). I also have a third external Apple Display, and the two ViewSonics are to the left and the to right of my Display. Why is it that the left and right arrangements keep getting switched (maybe 75% of the time)? Is there a solution or a workaround? I found this asked on the DisplayLink forums, but there was no solution.

Hi Arnv,

I’m trying to recreate this problem but so far I haven’t been able to get the monitors to change layout. Is there any particular trigger that causes the problem? I’ll keep working on it in the mean time, but let me know any more details that might help to get this annoying issue resolved for you.

We’re here to help!
Jerome.

Thanks for the quick reply. The switch happens upon reboot, or when I disconnct amd reconnect the Plugable devices. I should also mention that I use a USB hub. Does that help? Thanks again.

Thanks for the extra info, I’m working on it now, I’ll try rebooting and also using a USB hub and see if we can get our setup to exhibit the same behavior. That way we’ll be able to troubleshoot and figure out what’s going on.

Thanks again,
Jerome.