Model USB3-HUB7-81X stopped working

Plugable Model USB3-HUB7-81X has stopped working. Verified Power pstrip has power. No green light comes on. When USB is connected to computer it beeps, but does not appear in File Explorer. Computer beeps again when USB is disconnecte. Blue lights do not come on.

Mine too I had this for a month and a day and I got a faint pop sound then a funny smell electrical. now nothing

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us! We’re sorry that your USB3-HUB7-81X appears to have stopped working. Our hubs won’t show up in File Explorer when connected to a host system. Though, devices connected to the hub (like USB Flash drives) may show up in File Explorer themselves. You can confirm if your hub is connecting by checking its status in Device Manager under “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.

Can you please confirm what happens when you connect a device to the hub? Does it appear to connect to your computer? The LED lights above each port don’t light up unless an active device is connected to them. So if there were no devices connected to the hub at the time when you observed that none of the port LEDs were lit, that’s likely why.

When you verified that your power strip had power, did you try plugging the hub’s power adapter into a different outlet on the power strip? If not, that may be worth a try, especially if the green LED light on the power adapter isn’t lit. The fact that your computer is beeping or recognizing the hub when its connected and disconnected indicates that the hub is receiving power.

Please let us know if you have any questions on this.

Thank You,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies

Hello Steven,

We’re sorry that your hub has stopped working. It sounds like you received a defective unit, and we’d like to look into sending you a pretested warranty replacement from our lab after confirming your preferred shipping address and order information.

If you haven’t already, please contact us about your hub by emailing us directly at support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to assist you with the replacement process.

Thank You,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies

when multiple devices are connected nothing happens no blue lights no (your connected bleeps) The power light to the strip is on ( green). Also I’m using Windows 10 home and when I attempted to re-plug the hub after a few seconds I got a trouble message driver error to the last plugged in device. Does not recognize the hub but my older otherwise identical hub it reads fine. Sorry I’m just getting this message I work from 4am to Noon so I had to nap. heh

I did as Amanda suggested and it works just fine.

Hello Steven,

We’re sorry that your hub has stopped working. Your hub is encountering a very different problem than the one mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

Based on your description earlier of the pop sound and electrical burning smell, you received a defective unit, and we’d like to look into sending you a pretested warranty replacement from our lab after confirming your preferred shipping address and order information.

If you haven’t already, please contact us about your hub by emailing us directly at support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to assist you with the replacement process.

Thank You,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies

That’s great news! I’m happy to hear the hub is working well for you now. Please feel free to contact us again any time. We’re always happy to help.

Best,

Amanda
Plugable Technologies