mini-DP to HDMI 2.0 adaptor not supporting 4K @60Hz

mini-DP to HDMI 2.0 not supporting 60Hz at 4K resolution under windows 10 with AMD W4100 display adaptor and LG 32UD59. Both monitor HDMI ports are supposed to be 2.0 specification, yet when using the plugable adaptor there is no 60Hz option; only 4K @29/30Hz. Using a mini-DP -> DP (same graphics port) shows and works correctly at 60Hz. I’m trying to use HDMI to avoid issues with DP signal shutoff and windows thinking the monitor is missing during screen off. Any thoughts would be appreciated in getting 60Hz functional in this situation.

Hi Matt, thanks for posting! We have also received a direct email message from you that we have already replied to. I will update this forum thread with my initial message and we will keep it updated as more information is discovered.

Below is my email reply:

"Thank you for the description of the behavior you are seeing. In looking at the manual for the monitor I can see that there is also a HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color mode (page 19 of the manual here –> http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/…).

You mention that you’ve already checked Super Resolution settings, but if you haven’t already, can you let us know if the HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Color setting is Enabled? If it is not, does Enabling it help achieve a 4K@60Hz resolution? You may need reconnect the monitor or reboot your computer after changing this setting if 60Hz is not automatically available within the display properties drop down menu.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support"