Since the MacOS 10.13.1 upgrade, NG on the plugable - I’ve deleted all prior versions and rebooted - it doesn’t show once it’s loaded - any ideas?
Thanks for contacting us, I am sorry this isn’t working as expected.
Our USB video adapters and docking stations use DisplayLink technology for extra displays. MacOS X High Sierra requires a new DisplayLink driver and has additional security requirements which make installation of this driver a bit more difficult.
Our first step is to reset the Plugable device and perform a ‘clean’ installation of the required DisplayLink drivers to help ensure both are in a good state. Please perform the following:
- Disconnect the Plugable device from your Mac and remove its power cable so it resets ( if applicable ). Please keep it disconnected until prompted.
- Follow the steps here -> https://plugable.com/drivers/displayl… to uninstall the current driver.
- Reboot the system, even if not prompted
- Download of fresh copy of and install the latest DisplayLink driver for Mac from here -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/… (we have a detailed walk through if you need it here -> https://plugable.com/drivers/displayl…)
- Due to security changes made by Apple in High Sierra, you may be prompted by a ‘System Extension Blocked’ warning during the installation. Should that occur, please follow the steps here -> http://support.displaylink.com/knowle…
- Once complete, please reconnect the power to the dock, and then reconnect it to your system.
Please let us know if this has helped to resolve the issue.