macbook usb-c ethernet adaptor not working

HI,
IRECENTLY PURCHASED THE ADAPTER for macbookand installed drivers and allowed in security and privacy. I did all that and plugged it in and nothing is happening. It says I am still connected wot wifi and nothing else is connected in the network tab. Please help.
Thank

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out to us via our forums! The issue may be driver related, or there could also be a chance of a hardware failure. It looks like you’ve reached out to us via email as well, and I’ve also sent a reply there. I think it’s best for us to continue working over email, as I’ll need some information about your computer to confirm things look to be in order on the Macbook side of things. Instructions on how to gather the information I need was sent to your email, but just in case:

1. Click the Apple logo in the upper left, then click About This Mac
  2. In the window that pops up, click System Profile
  3. In the top menu bar, click File then Save As. Email this file to support@plugable.com and reference Ticket #210083 so the information makes it’s way to me.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I look forward to working with you on this issue!

Regards,

Patrick
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support