MacBook Pro Late 2016 Viewsonic VX2433 display not working using ud-ca1

I’ve plugged in an HDMI cable to the back of my ud-ca1 and my Viewsonic VX2433 monitor and the screen does not appear. It doesn’t appear as though the monitor is detecting a connection. I’ve downloaded and installed DisplayLink v2.6 for Mac. I’m running Mac OS Sierra (10.12.1) as this is what was installed on the computer I received.

Hi Melissa, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that our dock is not working with your MacBook Pro and I will be happy to help!

Our UD-CA1 dock does not use the DisplayLink drivers as it allows for a direct connection to the systems graphics processor when connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port. Would you be able to update your system to macOS Sierra 10.12.2? We have had some reports that this version of macOS has helped some cases where our dock did not work with the MacBook Pro systems, curious to find out if the Sierra update helps change the behavior when connected to our dock.

Please let us know if updating to 10.12.2 helps and we will go from there.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for responding. I uninstalled the DisplayLink driver and updated to OS 10.12.2 and that did not help.

For giggles, I re-installed DisplayLink drivers and that didn’t work either.

Any other thoughts?

Hi Melissa, thanks for the update. I will be reaching out to you directly in order to further troubleshoot and limit our communication to that email thread and then update this forum thread as information is found.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support