MacBook Pro - Display Issue

Hi! I recently purchased a Plugable USB-C docking station (multiple monitors) from Amazon. I had been attempting to connect my girlfriend’s new MacBook Pro since she wanted to use my monitors and docking station for some specific work-related projects.

Going to the “System Preferences” on the MacBook Pro as advised, we were able to bring up the ‘detect displays’ button by holding down the Option Button; however, clicking on this button seems to do nothing. We’re stuck and don’t know how to move forward. The computer is connected to the docking station via the USB-C. The connected keyboard and mouse seem to work fine, but the monitors aren’t currently showing anything. Can you help? Thanks!

Ben

Hi Ben,

Sorry to hear about this issue. I’d be happy to help.

Did you install the DisplayLink drivers on her system yet? That will be required for the “2K” HDMI and DVI outputs. The “4K” HDMI should work without any drivers and this is where we recommend connecting the primary display.

Here is a link to the drivers: http://displaylink.com/downloads

If this still doesn’t help please let me know.

Thanks,
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Hi Ben,

Since we’ve not heard back from you if you need further assistance just contact us at support@plugable.com

Thanks!
Josh