MacBook Pro 15" (2017) - 4k HDMI not working

Hi, I recently purchase the UD-ULTCDL for my new MacBook and Samsung U28E590D. The plugable device is connected to the monitor via HDMI cable but unfortunately the display does not render at all. It will work on 2k mode but that’s an unacceptable solution. Please advice on how to resolve. Thanks.

Hi Brett,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry that you have run into this issue, but I would be happy to assist!

Based on the description of the issue, I am concerned that we could be running into a cable or hardware issue. Are you utilizing the USB-C cable that came with the docking station to connect the system to the docking station, or another cable?

Also, What version of MacOS are you currently running?

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We have attempted to reach out to Brett regarding this issue, but we have still not received a response back. We would love to continue troubleshooting the issue, and helping to resolve the problem he is running into.

If anyone has any similar issues, or if Brett finds some time to reach out to us, please feel free to contact us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support