I have a UD-3900 connected to my LG Ultrawide monitor (resolution 2560x1080) and it was working great with no issues. I would connect it to my Lenovo Yoga and posed no problems even though the Windows resolutions doesn’t allow that resolution (only goes to 1920x1080). Recently I am having issues connecting it, the screen display is stretched out and the monitor says it no longer supports it. What happened here and can you help?
Thanks for posting!
The first steps we’ll want to take in situations such as these is to make sure that the software used by the dock is in a good state by reinstalling the DisplayLink software and running the DisplayLink cleaner tool. To do so, please follow these steps:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+Installation+Cleaner+8.4.2368.exe)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.6 M1 DisplayLink software (https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin/DisplayLink/DisplayLink+USB+Graphics+Software+for+Windows+8.6+M1.exe)
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation
Does this help with the stretched display? If not, I’d like to request some logs from your system to investigate further. Could you please keep the Plugable dock connected to your system (with everything still attached), then navigate to our PlugDebug tool (https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug) and follow the instructions there?
This will create a ZIP file on your Desktop containing system logs and information. Please send this ZIP file to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Ticket #267792”
Thanks for giving us a chance to help!
This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.