Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6"

Dears,

I’m planning to buy a Lenovo Yoga 730 15.6" (i7 model) but I would like to know if the UD-3900 works with it.

I would like to plug 2 screens ( Dell 2560x1440 ), an ethernet cable and to charge the laptop (I read that with the 730 15" there are problems to charge with the thunderbolt).

Thank you in advance and have a nice day!
Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for posting!

To the best of our knowledge, the Lenovo Yoga 730 15" model cannot be charged via its Thunderbolt 3 port (it only supports data transfers and video output). Further to this, the system only supports a single display via the Thunderbolt 3 port. As a result, none of our Thunderbolt 3 or USB-C docking would be able to meet your needs.

The UD-3900 dock is not an option, as it cannot support two 2560x1440 displays.

An alternative would be our UD-6950H dock → https://plugable.com/products/ud-6950h

The UD-6950H provides the ability to connect up to a maximum of two 4K displays (lower resolutions such as 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 also supported) to the unit’s built-in DisplayPort or HDMI video outputs (video cables not included).

The UD-6950H also provides six additional USB 3.0 ports, a wired gigabit Ethernet port and 3.5mm analog audio input and output jacks.

*** Important note - the UD-6950H does not charge the laptop. You will have to connect the original Lenovo power adapter to the laptop in order to charge the laptop while docked ***

Should you elect to move forward with a purchase and find that the dock does not meet your needs, we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy for all products sold by Plugable and fulfilled by Amazon.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.