Laptop External Monitor goes blank at times.

When my USB 2.0 Docking station is connected to my ViewSonic AA2231wm-LED monitor via my HP DV7 laptop at times half of the screen locks up and gets distorted, the only way to correct it is to disconnect the usb cable to the station and reconnect it.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’ll be able to help. Here’s a couple of questions to get started troubleshooting:

1. What is your Amazon Order Id?

2. Are you connecting to the Docking Station through a USB hub or directly to the computer?

3. If you press and hold the Windows Key and the press the P key a couple of times to select extended, does it reset the screen?

Let me know these additional details and we’ll figure out our next steps.

Thanks,
Jerome

1. What is your Amazon Order Id?
    105-242462213655413 (for the last two)
  2. Are you connecting to the Docking Station through a USB hub or directly to the computer?

Directly to my laptop

1. If you press and hold the Windows Key and the press the P key a couple of times to select extended, does it reset the screen?

Yes it will reset it but it still locks up and seemingly random intervals, we also get screen lag at times… I’ve tried setting the res lower but it just prolongs the periods in between when the lag happens

Hi Jeff,

I’ll contact you directly to get you fixed up. Thanks for your patience.

Jerome.

Hi Jerome,

Having the same exact issue here, bottom of screen goes black and distortion. Been resetting the USB 2.0 Docking Station manually by unplugging the power cable. Seems to happen every few hours of use though. The laptop is a HP Pavillion M7 running Win7.

THanks for your help with this!

Bill

Hi Bill,

Please contact us at support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order Id and a link to this thread and we’ll get you fixed up.

Thanks,
Jerome.