just received your usb 2.0 docking station. installed drivers onto laptop. plugged extended screen into dock station and cannot get a picture. how do i get a picture on my extended monitor.

just plugged in your dock station and cant get a picture on my extended screen

Hi Barbra,

Thanks for posting your question here, we’ll be able to help. If you are running Windows 7 you can press the Windows Key at the same time as the “P” key and you will have options for extending or mirroring the desktop. If you choose extend, you’ll be able to drag windows over to the external monitor. You can choose which direction your main screen extends to by clicking on the DisplayLink icon near the clock and choosing extend to and then either right or left.

If you choose mirror, your entire desktop will be mirrored onto the secondary display.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Jerome.

thank you for your response. only problem is i am running windows xp so need further assistance.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the additional detail. External displays can be in either of two modes: Mirror or Extended. If your display is in Extended mode you’ll see either the background image of the main screen or a solid color. You can move a Window over by grabbing the title bar of the Window you want to move dragging it over to the external screen.

If it’s in Mirror mode, your two screens will show the same image. There will be Icons and the Start button on each display.

If your drivers are installed and functioning correctly you should see a small blue square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen near the clock. If it is there you can set many of the properties by clicking on the icon and using the menu found there.

Let me know if this helps.
Thanks for your patience,
Jerome

Plugable Technologies.

thank you for your assistance. I uninstalled the software, drivers etc. i was not getting the icon on the system tray and could tell the install had not happened correctly. after the third try, the install was correct. i had the icon and was able to use the external monitor. thank you again.

Hi Barbara,

Thanks for the update, I’m glad to hear you’re up and running! Let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies