Is Plugabe 4K HDMI to USB adapter compatable for use with Cable Matters/Display Link HDMI to USB adapters

Currently running an LG ultrawide on a Cable Matters/Display Link HDMI to USB adapter. I also want to hook up a 40" Samsung UHD TV (4K) as a second monitor. Does the Plugable use the same driveres as the display link I am currently using? If not can you guarantee they will be compatable?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting! We have already responded to your direct email inquiry via support@plugable.com, but for the benefit of anyone else following this thread I will repeat the body of my response here:

If the Cable Matters adapter you are currently using is in fact based on DisplayLink Technology, then both our Plugable adapter and Cable Matters adapter should work together, but we cannot guarantee that as we haven’t tested the Cable Matters products. While many Cable Matters adapters are based on DisplayLink Technology, they have made a handful of models that use other technology. If the unit you have does not have a DisplayLink chip inside it will NOT be compatible.

If you elect to move forward with your purchase and find they are not compatible or that our adapter doesn’t meet your needs or expectations we offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support