Intel HD3000 supported?

Hi

I am interested in buying one of the following items

“Plugable UD-3900 Dual Display Universal Docking Station” or “Plugable USB 3.0 HDMI/DVI/VGA Adapter for Multiple Monitors”

Are you aware of any issues or limitations with Intel HD3000 graphics?
I would like to use your device plugged into a

HP Pavilion dv6-6169sl which is fitted with:

Intel Core i7 (2nd Gen) 2670QM / 2.2 GHz
Mobile Intel HM65 Express chipset
Intel HD3000 graphic
AMD Radeon HD 6770M - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM

This laptop has allready many issues related to graphics due to some sort of conflict between Intel HD and AMD Radeon wich gives problems to switch between the two graphic card. Although it seems a driver issue, getting them to work together efficiently is very hard.

Intel HD3000 and HM65 chipset clearly says that only two monitors are supported.

Will your device allow me to add more monitors?

Thanks

Regards

S

Hi Simius, thanks for posting! Thanks for the great detail you provide regarding the elements in your system. Unfortunately, I would not recommend our dock or adapter for use with your system as configuration with an older dual graphics system (also known as a hybrid system) that you mention is a bit finicky already. Our dock and adapter run the DisplayLink software in order to work and we have seen undesirable behavior on some systems with a hybrid graphics setup. Theoretically, our dock and adapter would be able to add additional monitors to your setup but due to the description of the system, I would not recommend our DisplayLink products. I do apologize fi this seems negative, but we like to set expectations to mitigate potential issues in the future.

That being said, and if you do choose to proceed with a purchase, we offer a 30-day no hassle return policy via Amazon.com if you find that our adapters do not meet your needs.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support