I want it all!!

Everything seems to be working fine upon installing my plugable docking station except that I bought a new 23" monitor and the size of the display is only about 18". How do I get it to fill the full screen? I am running W7 on a new Dell with Nvidea GeForce GT 540M video card

Hi Rich,

Thanks for posting! If you open a browser or any other application window on the external 23" monitor and maximize it, do you still see the reduced size of the display or do you see it only when the Desktop background is displayed?

Do post back and let us know along with the make and model (or specs) of the external monitor and we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

Roze,

The applications run at the same size as the background. The monitor is an LG Flatron E2360.

Rich

Rich,

Some quick questions to understand the issue better-:

1. Is the monitor connected through DVI or VGA?
  2. Is the display centered or aligned to a side?
  3. If you plug in this monitor to the inbuilt VGA port on the Dell system, is there a difference in the display behavior?

If you could post back with the above information and if possible a picture showing the display on the screen, it would be very helpful.

Regards,
Roze

Roze,

I connected an HDMI cable directly from the laptop to the computer and got the full screen. Went and bought a DVI cable and connected it through the Plugable and made the monitor the default display and now “I have it all”. Works great and looks great. Thanks for the help.

Rich,

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. :slight_smile: Do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com if you need any information or help regarding any of our products. We are here to help!

Thanks!

Regards,
Roze