I am new to docking stations, I need one that I can use to add 2 monitors and use for 2 different laptops. Suggestions?

There are so many docking stations, Plugable was suggested as a good one, but which one of these is best for use with 2 different laptops. One is a Lenovo and one is an HP. I want to be able to see the laptop monitor plus 2 add on monitors.

Hi Patti,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, and sending over the information of what you are looking for in a docking station. I would be happy to answer your questions.

Based on the fact that you would like to utilize 2 additional displays, and are hoping that compatibility is possible when using 1 of 2 systems at a time, I think our UD-3900 (www.plugable.com/products/ud-3900) would be a great fit! It allows you to connect 2 displays, 1 via HDMI and 1 via DVI. It has 2 front USB 3.0 ports, 4 rear USB 2.0 ports, an Ethernet port, and both audio input and output ports. The UD-3900 connects to individual host systems via USB 3.0 ports on the laptop, and it is backwards compatible with USB 2.0, but you will notice performance degradation when doing so.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Patti and advise her on the benefits and specifications of the UD-3900, but we have not received a response back. We hope that this answers all of the questions Patti may have, but if she would like to reach back out to us, she can contact us directly at support@plugable.com

If anyone else has any questions, concerns, or would like more information related to any of our products, they can also contact us directly at support@plugable.com

Thank yo for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support