HP wired mouse acting erratic

My wired optical HP mouse is jumping around while connected to the docking station.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and I am happy to help!

Recently we have seen an increase in mouse and keyboard related issues. This has also affected docking stations and USB hubs from other manufacturers. Dell released a patch that changes a Windows Registry entry related to the Intel Management Engine, this is not a Dell exclusive feature, which has resolved these issues for several of our customers using a range of different host systems from different manufacturers. We recommend to try installing this patch if you have some of the aforementioned issues:
https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER03471411M/13/Dell_Dock_USB_TYPE-C_PATCH_2K0JJ_A00_SETUP_ZPE.exe

After installation, please restart the computer for the changes to take affect.

Please let me know if this helps, or if you have any additional questions.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com

The laptop is an HP. Is this patch only for Dell?

Hi,

Thanks for double checking, this patch is supplied by Dell but it is effective on any modern Intel based computer. If you would like to let me know your HP laptop’s specific model number from the bottom of the system I can double check to see if it may be affected. Running the patch on an unaffected system will not cause any harm as the registry key being changed will either not exist or not be referenced by any software on the system.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

It is a HP Zbook 15 G5

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know the system model! The ZBook 15 G5 may be affected by this power saving feature in the Intel Management Engine hardware and running the patch provided by Dell may help to restore normal mouse functionality.

Please let me know if it helps, or if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello, I installed the patch but I am still having the same issue, the mouse clicks things that I do not select.

Thanks for giving the patch a try, I am sorry this is still not working as expected.

Based on your description of the behavior, our next step is to get some additional information from your system.

If you would, please keep the mouse connected to the docking station and the docking station connected to the computer and attach the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug ( http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug ) to an email to “support@plugable.com” with the subject line “Ticket #284480 - Attention Pat” as this will allow us to examine some log files from your system to help determine the next steps.

Just to double check, the mouse is working as expected when connected directly to the computer’s USB port while the docking station is connected to another port?

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

I tried the mouse directly, it had similar problems. I replaced the mouse and it’s working with the docking station now.

Hi,

I am sorry to hear the mouse was showing the same behavior while connected directly to the system, but I am glad the replacement mouse is working! Please let me know if you have any additional questions, I am happy to help!

If you encounter no other issues within the next couple of days we will be closing this thread. Thank you again!

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com