I have had my plugable station for a couple of years and it works with my asus great but just got a new hp laptop and so far everything else works fine except the audio portion. when I go to audio playback settings to make it default, it doesn’t even show it as an option. in device manager, it shows the plugable audio with an exclamation point. it says I need the drivers. I went back to plugable site for the drivers, downloaded again and still no success… any suggestions?
Please perform a clean DisplayLink driver installation by doing the following:
- Disconnect docking station from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reconnect the docking station to the computer when prompted to do so and test.
Please let me know if this helps and if your system recognizes the audio portion of the docking station.