trying to reinstall drivers and get this error: Older verision of display link cannot be removed. Nothing is working and this is very frustrating
Let’s try a clean installation of the drivers:
- Unplug your DisplayLink device from USB and set it aside.
- Check in your installed Programs and Features Control Panel to see if any DisplayLink programs (DisplayLink Core Software and DisplayLink Graphics) are still present. Uninstall them. If it fails it’s OK, just move to the next step.
- Next download the latest version of the cleaner tool: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Run the tool and when it is done, reboot.
- Install the latest graphics driver: http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- During the install you should be prompted to reconnect the device .
If that fails or you still get an error during install let me know.