Hardware/Software for multiple display setup

I’m not exactly sure what I’m needing to accomplish what I need so I’m just throwing this out to the masses in hopes for any type of assistance.

We are looking at the possibility of having at least 12 TV’s connected to a single PC (if possible) and able to display 10 separate images on each (that’s the most simple setup we could use but if we can do video or slideshows that would be great too). Is there a software that works to do some drag and drop to the screens versus just an extended desktop which would look terrible to an audience having to drag screen across monitors. I’d rather be able to do almost something like a control booth where I could choose Image A to display on monitor 3 and Image B on Monitor 6 and maybe switch to have Image C display on all 12 screens. Some on the fly displaying.

Is this possible? Does anyone know which hardware/software solutions we would need to accomplish this?

Hi There,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I would be more than happy to answer your questions!

There is a limitation to the number of displays you can have connected to a single system, depending on how they are connected. It is possible to have a Desktop PC that has 4-6 graphics cards with the ability to connect 4-6 displays to each card. This would be the best performing setup, as the graphics cards would be able to handle each individual display, but I am unaware of what software would give you the individual features you are looking for.

If you were attempting to utilize some of our USB 3.0 graphics adapters, the maximum number supported by most modern USB 3.0 controllers and Windows is 6, so we would not have a solution that is ready made for the configuration you are looking for.

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Thanks for the information. Actually we may be able to make it work with controlling two sets of 6 with two separate PC’s. I’m probably searching for a unicorn with the software but I’m just struggling to imagine there isn’t something out there software-wise that will allow me to choose which display something is sent to without having some extended display scenario.

Do you have recommended hardware or the adapters for the possible 2 PC options with 6 displays each?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Joshua,

I would imagine the same in regards to the software, just because its an integral piece when doing multimedia presentations, or for enterprise use, but I have no real suggestions to apply in this scenario.

In regards to utilize two systems with 6 total adapters each, the fact that you are utilizing HDMI based TVs, and the systems you are connecting them to, I would suggest our UGA-2KHDMI adapters (www.plugable.com/products/uga-2khdmi). These adapters allow for full 1920 x 1080 resolution, with 2560 x 1440 supported as well.

If your systems do not have the ability to connect 6 total USB 3.0 graphics adapters via the onboard ports, it is possible to utilize the adapters when connected to an external USB 3.0 hub such as our USB3-HUB7C (www.plugable.com/products/usb3-hub7c).

I hope this information helps, please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns, and I would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support