Getting dual monitor support with a UD-3000 Docking Station

Hi! I want to be able to plug in one USB cable to my Dell XPS 15 laptop and have all the capabilities of the UD-3000 USB 3.0 Docking Station but with dual external monitor support. Can I achieve what I want by using a UD-3000 and plugging a Plugable USB 3.0 HDMI adapter into it? I want to use at most one USB port on my laptop for all this functionality. Thanks! Don

Hi Don,

Thanks for posting your question here! Yes, if you connect a Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI to one of the USB 3.0 ports on the Plugable UD-3000, you would be able to connect two external monitors and also have all the other capabilities of the Dock via a single USB connection to the laptop.

Hope the above information helps! If you need any additional information, please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Great, and thanks for the quick response! I just ordered one of each from Amazon.

Don

Don,

Thanks for the kind words! If you ever need any help during setup or use, just let us know. We would be glad to help!

Regards,
Roze