Ethernet not working

Ethernet not working on my new USB-C Triple Display Docking Station. The power is on. Ethernet cable plugged into back of station. USB C cable plugged in to back of station and USB C port on computer.

Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected.

Most networking issues are caused by either a faulty Ethernet cable or the drivers not being installed on the system.

I would like to start by verifying the DisplayLink drivers are installed ( these drivers are required for the Ethernet port, and the 2K HDMI and 2K DVI ports on the back of the docking station.

1. Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
  2. Now download and install the 8.4 M2 DisplayLink software, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
  3. Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system. If the device is not detected, please reboot the system.

Additionally, please connect the Ethernet cable directly to the system or to another notebook to verify the cable is working correctly.

Please let us know if that helps get things working how they should, and we’ll go from there.

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hello John,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support