I have a Plugable USB 3.0 docking station which I connect to a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro.I’m trying to connect two DVI montitors to use as an extended screen. I can connect one monitor to the docking station, but when I connect a second, it does not detect a signal. I am using the DVI port (DVI to DVI) and the HDMI port (HDMI to DVI).
Any suggestions? I read another thread that said the this may be a faulty docking port.
Thank you so much for reaching out to us, as well as sending over your PlugDebug output. I am sorry that you are running into this issue, but I would be happy to assist!
Based on the log files, it looks as if the DisplayLink drivers for your docking station are currently out of date, and could be contributing to the issue. The best first step I think we should take would be to perform a clean install of the docking station and all of its associated software.
When you have a moment, please follow these instructions:
- Disconnect the dock from the system and please remove the power cable from the dock so it turns off completely (this is important so the unit resets). Please keep it disconnected until the last step.
- Uninstall any and all software with ‘DisplayLink’ in the title that is present from within the Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Don’t worry if these entries are not present or if the process does not work, just move onto the next step
- Download, extract and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here –> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin… and ensure it displays “Cleaning Complete” when done (video walk-through if you need it -> https://youtu.be/AcVV1gD_FvI)
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and install the 8.2 M2 DisplayLink software, found here –> http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/…
- Reattach the power cable to the dock first. Once the dock is powered on, reconnect it to your system which will trigger the final portion of the installation. If the device is not detected, please click the ‘Skip’ button to allow the process to complete and then reboot the system.
Please let me know if this garnishes any immediate results!
Thank you for your patience,
Product Owner & Technical Support