does your device support DVI-A?

I have an older HP Compaq SFX computer and an older Envision monitor. The only cable I have for it is VGA on the monitor end and DVI-A on the other. I got the UGA-165 adapter to work briefly directly after installing the v7.7 diverts but now I have nothing. My question is do the drivers for this device support a DVI-A connection?

Hello Eric,

Yes, the UGA-165 supports DVI-A. It sounds like we have a different underlying problem such as outdated graphics driver or maybe even USB host controller problems. Without taking a closer look, I cannot give you specific advice.

We have a troubleshooting tool called PlugDebug that is helpful in situations like this. It allows us to get a better idea of which driver versions are on the system, as well as diagnostic and installation logs, while minimizing the amount of questions we send your way when we are looking into an issue.

Please head over to -> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug. There you will find a download link as well as instructions. Please be sure to have the display adapter plugged in and attached to the monitor when running this tool and attach the resulting zip file in the reply to this email. Once we have the .zip file it generates, we will get a better idea of how to best proceed. Since this forum does not support attachment, please contact me directly at support@plugable.com and use “Ticket #87803” as subject to reference to this thread.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies