Dock not maintaining monitor rotation

Plugable TBT3 + Laptop + 2 monitor setup - One monitor connected via Thunderbolt and working in landscape position, the other monitor is displaying video, but not maintaining 90 degree rotation with DVI to DisplayPort connection on OSX High Sierra

Hi Patty,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station!

Our docking station shouldn’t be able to interfere with the rotation settings of your monitor (that is controlled completely by macOS) so the behavior you describe is unexpected. Can you provide some additional detail as to what happens specifically? For example, do both monitors work in the expected orientation when first connected but change after waking from sleep or perhaps a reboot?

In addition to that information, a few quick additional questions for you so we can understand all the variables at play:

1. Can you confirm you are using our TBT3-UDV docking station? -> https://plugable.com/products/tbt3-udv I am presuming that to be the case, but I just want to make sure.

2. Can you provide the brand and specific model number of the monitor in landscape mode? Can you also confirm the brand and type of USB-C video cable you are using to connect it to the dock’s downstream Thunderbolt 3 port?

3. Can you provide the brand and specific model number of the monitor in portrait mode? Can you also confirm the brand and model of the DisplayPort to DVI adapter you are using to connect it to the dock’s built-in DisplayPort output? (Plugable does not make a DP to DVI adapter compatible with the TBT3-UDV, and cannot guarantee performance of third party products)

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support