This is a USB 3.0 docking station. Display stopped working through the dock but keyboard and mouse work. Unplugged dock for a few minutes then replugged in. Also unplugged and replugged monitors. Still no display. Display worked fine all day yesterday.
Thanks for getting in touch!
It sounds like the DisplayLink chip on the dock isn’t functioning. We’ll want to proceed with a clean installation of the drivers, and see if the behavior is any different. We’ll do all of the following with the DisplayLink adapter disconnected, until the very last step.
- Disconnect the DisplayLink adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel->Programs. Don’t worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool, found here:
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (even if not prompted to)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software, found here:
- Reboot, even if not prompted to
- Once you’re back in Windows, reattach the DisplayLink adapter and let it install and update the firmware which should happen automatically.
Let me know if that helps!
I followed the instructions but no change to the display.
I confirmed that the software was removed and reinstalled with today’s date.
What are the next steps?
Thanks for giving that a try!
Since that didn’t help, I should dig in and see what’s going wrong. Could you contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can give further instructions?