Display Adapter not working with Chromium OS

Hello! I use a Chromebook for work and need to extend my monitor. Currently, I’m able to do this using an HDMI cable, but I need another monitor to be efficient. This product was recommended, but it doesn’t work at all and when I unplug the HDMI monitor to test it alone, it extends the screen from the laptop but shows blank a blank/grey screen on the extended monitor. Laptop reads that it’s extending, but nothing works.
I’ve tried changing cables, restarting, unplugging and everything I know to do.
I would love some advice as this was the recommended product my company advised us to purchase.
My system is:
Version 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit)
Platform 0000001.0000007.05 (Official Build) csos-release-channel kip test
Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.78

Hope that is enough info to get some help! Thanks!

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for posting, and appreciate very much the great detail you provided about your setup.

Based on the information you provided, our adapter is not working because your version of Chrome OS (version 48) is very out of date compared to the latest version (version 59 as of today). The latest version of Chrome OS is required for our products to work properly. You can check for and apply updates to your Chromebook by following the steps here -> https://support.google.com/chromebook…

That said, I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that your company has a special, customized version of Chrome OS for internal use, and has ‘locked’ the version that can be installed. This would account for the large discrepancy in Chrome OS versions (version 48 is was released way back in November, 2015).

Can you check to see if you can apply the latest update, or confirm that your company is enforcing the use of the older version?

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support