My device randomly fails after about 2 hours of use, then will work again after about 4-6 hours. This sounds like a heat problem but not sure. Connecting VGA via USB3 on a Lenovo Yogi
Hello Paul - Can you please clarify if you are using a display adapter or a docking station?
If you are not on the most up to date DisplayLink driver I would recommend to update by doing these steps:
- Disconnect display adapter from the computer
- Uninstall DisplayLink Core software from Control Panel -> Programs. Do not worry if this fails, just move onto the next step.
- Download and run the DisplayLink cleaner tool -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Once the Cleaner has been run, reboot (do not close the window until you see the message “Cleaning complete. Press ENTER to end.”)
- Now download and run the latest DisplayLink software from our downloads page -> https://s3.amazonaws.com/plugable/bin…
- Reconnect the display adapter to the computer and test.
If we end up with the same symptoms we would need to turn off an aggressive power saving feature called DPTF which is a feature of most Yoga machines (this also causes other problems which customers complain about). To tackle this problem, we will want to disable DPTF (Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework) in the BIOS. Please see the attached screen shot for reference. After this feature has been turned off, reboot your machine and test. !](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1492236/DPTFBIOSOption_inline.jpg?1475512726)](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1492236/DPTFBIOSOption.jpg?1475512726)