Demonstration

Hi - Before I go ahead and purchase one of your digital microscopes I was wondering it this would be a good tool for showing live close up beadwork demonstrations.

I run a weekly non-profit beadwork group. The beads I use are very tiny and I want to show how to do different stitches using a fine needle and beading thread to the group. My hands would be moving about somewhat as you can imagine. I don’t want to go to the expense of buying a DSLR camera with Live View feature as I I don’t make any money from this craft.

Can you help?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us. Our 250x microscope might be good for demonstrating beadwork. It actually has two magnifications, one of which is about 50x, and it has a standard tripod mount on the base of the camera part. It can focus pretty far away, which means that you could put it on a small tripod about 18 inches or so from your work, focus at the lower magnification, then adjust it up and down to get the view you want.

You could plug the USB cable for the microscope into your computer, then using its software or the VLC program, you could show your work on the computer monitor, a large TV, or a LCD projector to show your work to the group.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

David
Plugable Support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.