Dell XPS 15 Dock Charging with Nvida GPU

Has anybody verified whether or not the UD-ULTCDL with charge an XPS 15 (9550 with an Nvidia GPU) from the dock? The compatibility chart still says “Unknown”.

Hi Brigham,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to answer your question. I replied to your direct email to support@plugable.com already, and I am repeating the information below for the benefit of anyone else following this thread.

We don’t have the Dell XPS 15 9550 model with the hybrid Nvidia graphics configuration in our lab to test with, hence the ‘Unknown’ in the compatibility chart as we can’t guarantee the results.

However, we have had one customer report of the dock successfully charging the Dell XPS 15 9550 with hybrid graphics, but of course we have not verified this in-house. We would also suspect that this unit will behave in the same manner as the Dell XPS 15 without hybrid graphics in that a warning will appear upon boot that a charger of less than 130W is detected (this warning can be disabled in the BIOS).

That said, if you elect to move forward with your purchase and find the dock is able to charge the system we would appreciate the feedback. If the dock does not charge the laptop or meet your expectations, we do offer a 30-day no-hassle return policy.

Thank you,

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support