Dell USB 3100 Dock - No Sound

I have been using a Dell USB 3100 docking station for some time. It has worked perfectly. However, today I have noticed that the both (front and back) sound output jacks have stopped working. The graphics outputs and USB’s seem to be working fine. My investigations so far show:

• Control Panel/Hardware and Sound/Sound the docking station does not appear. I have enabled show disabled devices
    -In Devices and Printers the Dell 3100 appears, but does say it needs troubleshooting.
    -In the Hardware tab the Dell USB Audio has a fault symbol. In propetries it says “The drivers for this device are not installed (code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device. etc”
    -trouble shouting or looking for a driver does not produce any results.

As I said it stopped working quite recently and I am running Windows 10.

Hi Ralph, thanks for posting! Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your Dell docking station. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide support for your Dell docking station as we can only offer support for our own Plugable Technologies products. Please refer to Dell support for issues with any Dell products -> http://www.dell.com/support.

Please let us know if you are using a Plugable product and we would be happy to help troubleshoot!

Sorry we couldn’t be of more help!

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support