Connection two Plugable USB 3.0 together

I’m trying to get a fourth screen connected to my laptop and I already have one USB 3.0 station that’s full. Can I, and how, can I connect a second USB 3.0 to the first to get the fourth screen to work?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Plugable! I would be happy to provide additional information regarding our products.

To provide accurate feedback, could you kindly provide the manufacturer and model numbers for the laptop and monitors you are currently using, and also intend to add to your setup?

Thank you for giving us the chance to help!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Im using a Surface Pro 7 and have it pluged into a Plugable USB 3.0 station that already has two screens, both Samsung Model C24F390FHN. The third screen I want to add is a Samsung model F24T350FHN. The plugable I’m currently using only has one USB open in the front and one in the back available. Maybe get a HDMI to USB cable and use the current docking station?

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know!

Based on your existing equipment, I would suggest connecting your third display (up to 1080p at 60Hz) using a UGA-2KHDMI graphics adapter

For your reference, DisplayLink USB graphics works by converting video data into USB data. However, there is additional software overhead that results from adding more displays. Therefore, while DisplayLink USB graphics is great for general office or productivity tasks, we don’t recommend DisplayLink for more graphics intensive tasks such as gaming. If optimal performance is a concern, then I’m afraid you would not want to consider DisplayLink solutions.

Hopefully this information was helpful, but please feel free to reach out if you have any follow-up questions or concerns.

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

So connecting two Plugable USB 3.0 devices together would not be an option? If it is, how do I do that?

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know!

To clarify, could you kindly provide a link or model number for the two devices you had in mind (i.e. two docks, or an adapter, ect)?

Thank you!

Ryoma
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.