computer hangs or lockups under specific conditions and syncing

I have two UGA-2K-A USB 2.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Adapters, Mac Book Pro 10.7.3, and converting HDMI to VGA. I have three problems.

• usually when booting the two adapted screens display but the image is scrambled (each scan line is offset), if you wait several minutes it figures it out and adjusts, alternately you can unplug and plug back in but this scrambles preset windows and desktops, is there a better workaround or solution?

• if the screensaver kicks in the laptop locks up (goes very very slow), if you disable the screen saver, it does not always stay disabled

• if you lock your laptop (i.e. go to login screen but still logged in), in some specific but unknown amount of time the laptop locks up (goes very slow), the only work around is to reboot

The first two problems are undesired but tolerable. The last one is getting to be a deal breaker. I can’t leave my laptop unlocked when i step away.

Hope you have some solutions, thanks.

Hi James,

Thanks for contacting Plugable. I’m sorry to hear about the problems with the USB graphics adapters. I’ve responded via our private support system. Please use the e-mail thread from that system to continue the process. I will do my best to help stabilize everything as quickly as I can.

Best Regard,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies