Computer does not recognize usb3-e1000

I have Windows 10. I am not a computer expert. The ethernet cable has to be torked to use the incuded port on the computer so I bought this device. The lights are blinking but it says I have no internet when I connect the cable. The computer doesn’t seem to know it is there. What do I do to fix this? I’ve tried two different USB3 ports. It’s an HP paviliondv6-7013cl entertainment PC bought at Costco. It is several years old and I’m used it because the hard drive on my Mac died.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I do apologize for any trouble, and am here to help. I’d like to take a look at how the adapter is communicating with your computer. If you would, please make sure the adapter is fully plugged in, and run our handy diagnostic tool at the following link: https://plugable.com/support/plugdebug/.

A zipped folder with the results will be placed on your desktop after running the tool. If you would, please respond with the debug results, and your order number directly to the email you should have received, and not on the forum with this information. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Thank you,

Kevin
Product Owner
support@plugable.com

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.