Choppy mouse and scrolling with 6950 dock

Hi,

I have the Plugable UD-6950 USB 3.0 Dual DisplayPort 4K dock and everything is so choppy and laggy on the external monitor that it is unusable. The mouse mouvement is really choppy and scrolling is horrible. It works well on the integrated monitor, so it is definitely related to the dock.
My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga with integrated and dedicated video card (Intel HD5500 and Nvidia 940M). The dock is connected to a USB 3.0 port.
I have the last version of the displaylink drivers (8.3) and Windows up to date.
I also tried removing everything related to displaylink, apply your cleaning tool, and then install the last version of displaylink again but I still have the issue.
I am about to return the product but I want to give it a last chance through this forum.

Thanks

Hello Pierre, thanks for posting! I am sorry to hear of this behavior and the frustration and I will be happy to help!

Based off of your description and steps already tried it could be a hardware issue with the docking station or something else is occurring.

One thing that we have noticed on some Lenovo Yoga systems is that a power management feature called Intel DPTF can cause similar behavior when DisplayLink products are attached. The workaround is to disable DPTF (IntelĀ® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework) in the BIOS, but I would like to make sure that your system has this feature. Would you be able to let us know the specific model of Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga you are using? I will examine the specifications and manual to determine if disabling this within the BIOS could be a step to try.

If disabling this does not help or if it is not applicable for your system, we would want to send you a brand new replacement dock to ensure that the hardware itself is working properly. We would then reach out to you directly to arrange shipping.

Thank you for giving us a chance to help,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.
I found the option in the BIOS and disabled it but it does not seem to solve the issue.
My computer is a Thinkpad Yoga 14 S3 20DM
Any other ideas?

Thanks

Hi Pierre, thanks for the reply and taking the time to try this scenario. Next steps would be to see if a replacement dock operates better, if you would like to try.

I will reach out to you directly for shipping arrangements.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support