Charging my Nexus 6p

Do any of the hubs support Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0? I’m looking for a USB 3 hub that can also quick charge my Nexus 6P. It seems all the data charts stop before the 2015 Nexus models.

Hello Jeremy,

The Nexus 6P doesn’t support QC 3.0. It has been strongly recommend to in fact not use QC 3.0 chargers for it by Google engineers. Some explanation:

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/227…

Also hubs don’t support this because USB hubs operate at only 5 volts where QC uses higher voltage so the technologies are incompatible.

Thank you,
Joshua Henry
Plugable Technologies

Huh. Whaddaya know. It looks like there was a lot of weird info going around when the 6P came out (based on the Snapdragon inside it and limited actual knowledge at the time). Thanks for that info.

In any case, I guess that means any of the powered hubs charging through USB 3.0, like the usb3-hub7bc, ought to do the job as closely as possible to spec. Is that correct?

Hi Jeremy,

When using a USB-A to USB-C cable that follows USB-IF spec, you should be able to charge your phone fine, though slower than using a stand alone charger. You may see that instead of “charging rapidly” that the phone may just say “charging”. But you should not see “charging slowly”.

Thanks!