Charging issue

Hi Support,

I really hope you can help me with my Plugable UD-CA1 hub. I keep getting issues connecting with the my 2016 MacBook 12” and this is becoming really frustrating. Hdmi and everything else seems to working, but the power charge pass through when I plug into my mac, it will flash the charging indicator on my MacBook on and off a few times, and then turn off and will not charge my MacBook at all…

This has been happening way too often in the past months, and the only thing that I have had success with is trying to replug the usb c cable (the one provided with the plugable hub) over and over again, sometimes switching which sides connects to the pluggable and which side connects to the MacBook usb C. I have tried replugging it over and over again today, and I have had enough. An item that costs $130 USD should not be so unstable and subpar to my hootoo usb c hub that cost only $63 USD.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

Hello George, thanks for posting. We have also received a direct email from you to our support team at support@plugable.com and we have arranged for a replacement unit to be sent. We will keep this forum thread updated with what we find, but we will want to limit our communication to the email thread to keep everything in one place.

Thank you,

David W.
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support