Can't hear the output MB Air Yosemite

I have the Plugable USB Audio device connected to a USB port in my MacBook Air. I have connected to the Plugable USB a line to the microphone and headphones on the headphones jack, but I can’t hear no audio. I made sure nothing is muted and selected in the systems preference “USB Audio Device”.

I know the the device is capturing sound because I can see the bars moving, when I turn up the audio on the device I’m capturing the sound from, and the bars go down when I turn the volume down.

However, I still can’t hear any sound from neither headphone or the built in speakers on the Mac. What am I doing wrong?

Hello Gilberto,

I am sorry to hear this. It sound like we are dealing with a operating system bound problem.

Please try the following:

1. Disconnect all peripherals from MacBook
  2. Go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility > Select your Macintosh HD > Run the “Repair Disk Permissions”
  3. Reboot
  4. Disable Bluetooth, select internal speakers and test sound by playing an .mp3

If the internal speakers work at this point I will assume the USB audio adapter will work as well (please don’t forget to select the right output and to unmute everything).

Please let me know if this helps.

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies

Hi Gilberto,

Following up on my last message, did this tip help?

Kind regards,
Patric
Plugable Technologies