Can't get Plugable USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapther to connect to the network.

I purchased a Plugable USB 2.0 Ethernet Adapter and can’t get it to connect (can’t ping another computer) to the network. I installed the USB driver and it appears to be working OK. I’m using it on Win XP and under network connections the icon for the ethernet adapter has an error that says limited or no connectivity. I’m on a stand alone network that has two computers connected to a router. One of the computers I’m using the ethernet adapther to connect to the router. Other than installing the USB driver is there any other configuration that needs to be done?

Hi Todd,

Thanks for posting here! If the installation of the drivers have been successful, the next steps would be to configure the IP settings for the adapter.

If there is a DHCP server in the subnet, then IP settings can be obtained automatically by the Adapter. If a DHCP server in not there in the subnet then you would have to manually set the IP address to be in the same subnet as that of the router/computer that is connected to the Ethernet Adapter.

Is the Adapter connected directly to the router?

Do you know if the IP settings are manually configured or if is automatically assigned one by the DHCP server?

Regards,
Roze

Ok thanks! The IP address need to be configured. It’s working now.

Todd,

Thanks for posting back and letting us know that the Ethernet Adapter is working fine once the IP settings were configured!

If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze