Can't get dock to recognize monitors

Hello,

We have bought the dual monitor docking station, and I can’t get it to recognize my two monitors. I have one hooked up by HDMI and the other by the DVI connection. I have power (the blue indicator light is on).
We have also tried to install the new driver/hardware and that has not helped. We are connecting it to our Windows HP Envy laptop.

Thanks!

Hi,

Working directly with the original poster via email we found Windows had disabled the docking station’s DisplayLink components in the Device Manager and after enabling these components the dock and displays are working as expected.

Here is the procedure used to enable the DisplayLink hardware in the Device Manager:

1. Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the pop-up menu
  2. Look for an expanded section with three items:

Plugable Audio USB\VID_17E9&PID_4323&MI_02\7&5802F01&0&0002 This device is disabled.
Plugable UD-3900 USB\VID_17E9&PID_4323&MI_01\7&5802F01&0&0001 This device is disabled.
Plugable UD-3900 USB\VID_17E9&PID_4323&MI_00\7&5802F01&0&0000 This device is disabled.

1. Right-click on each item and select Enable from the drop down menu
  2. Please restart the computer to make sure the displays are detected

I will mark this ticket as closed, please feel free to create a new thread if you have similar issues, or contact our support team directly at ‘support@plugable.com’.

Thank you,

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com