Can't connect a second time to transfer files Win 7 to Win 8.1

I installed Windows Easy Transfer on my old Windows 7 Home Premium system and also on my Windows 8.1 laptop. Everything worked perfectly and all the files I selected were transferred.

I did not transfer all of the files in this first phase, only My Documents. Now I want to select Pictures, Downloads and some folders on my C drive, but the Windows 7 PC just sits there trying to connect, but never does. I’ve unplugged/replugged the cable several times on both computers. I rebooted both computers and then plugged in the cable and ran Easy Transfer on both computers - still won’t connect.

Ideas?

Hi John,

With the Windows 8.1 update, Microsoft unfortunately removed support for using the Windows Easy Transfer with a transfer cable.

With your purchase of the cable, you should have been emailed a license key and download link for the Bravura “Easy Computer Sync” software which you’ll want to install on both systems. After installing the Bravura software, you’ll want to launch it on each system, making sure that the “Windows Easy Transfer” program is closed so that it does not interfere with the other software.

If you need the key resent, we can certainly do so - please just email support@plugable.com with your Amazon Order ID number and we’ll send it over again.

If there are still issues after the above steps, please send us an email to the address above at your convenience and we can certainly cover some other troubleshooting steps.

Thanks!
Gary