Cannot connect Asus Win8 Pro and Asus Win10 Home laptops with USB 3.0 transfer cable

I have the Easy Computer Sync software installed on both laptops. I’ve plugged the cable into numerous different USB port combos. (The Win10 laptop does not have a USB 3.0 port, it appears.) The cable is currently plugged in to both laptops and has 2 solid blue lights showing. I’ve disabled Windows Defender on both machines. I even tried turning off Windows Firewall. I’ve restarted the software numerous times. I’ve restarted both machines. I used Task Manager to see if other software running might be interferring. Unless some background program is causing an issue, no problems there. I don’t know what else to try at this point. I’m stuck at the Waiting For Connection screen. On this particular attempt, I’ve been on that screen for over 20 minutes now.

Hi Pam,

Thank you for contacting us about your transfer cable. I’m sorry about the problems with the connection.

Is it possible that there might be other anti-virus or firewall software on your computer? That is the most common reason we see for failure to connect. The solid blue LEDs mean that the cable is connecting on a hardware level with each computer.

If there is no other AV or firewall software, could you please send your Amazon order number for the cable to us at support@plugable.com. We will test and send a replacement cable. Thanks!

Hi, David. Thank you for the quick reply.

I have no other AV or firewall software on these laptops unless it’s somehow tucked away inside another program not known as AV or firewall software. I use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of any additional AV software and just use the single program, Windows Defender. I do have AdBlock Plus installed on my browsers. Surely that couldn’t be the problem, could it?

This is my second attempt at using this cable. On the first attempt, I was able to successfully transfer data from an older Toshiba laptop that had been updated to Win10 to a new HP laptop running Win10. The cable worked fine then and has not been physically damaged in any way since that use. In fact, it has been stored in its original packaging with the plastic end protectors in place too.

My Amazon order number was: 112-1901174-0741813. I had the cable for several months before I ever used it the first time, and then another month has passed since that first use.

Thank you,
Pam Harmon

A little more info for you, David:

I have no peripherals connected except wirelessly.

I do have FileZilla client, GoToMyPC, GoToAssist (only on the old laptop), and TeamViewer on these PCs. Do you know if any of those programs are known to interfere with your products?

Thank you,
Pam Harmon

Hi Pam,

I don’t think any of those programs would interfere, yet since the cable so recently worked, I agree that the cable is probably good.

Could you run our diagnostic program on the older of the two computers? It will gather device information and installation logs that might help me understand what is happening.

To do this, please plug the cable into that computer, then go to this page, and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

When you run the program, it will create a zip file on your desktop with your computer name and the date. Please send that file directly to our support email address support@plugable.com. Thanks!

David

Sure. Thank you, David.