Bricked Enclosure

Hey, I’m having a very frustrating issue with my NVME Enclosure. It was working fine until recently, but all of a sudden it has stopped recognizing both my Sabrent Rocket 4 and my 970 Pro. It doesn’t show up as a disk when I plug it in over USB 3.0, (tested on MacOS, Windows, and Ubuntu 20.04) and when I plug it in over USB 2.0, it locks up my computer during boot. As soon as I unplug it, it continues to boot normally.

Any ideas on what could be going on? The 970 Pro works just fine when plugged directly into my motherboard, and my rocket does as well.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us, I am sorry this is not working as expected and causing these problems.

Based on your description it sounds like a very low-level USB fault and I would like to start the replacement process.

Please send us an email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #324088 - Attention Pat’ and include the Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) and your preferred shipping address in the email body. We will use this to get the replacement process started.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

okay! I may also try to update the firmware as shown here. Maybe that will help. If not, then I’ll send off that email.

Nope, software update didn’t work. Unfortunate.

Hi,

Thank you for trying the firmware update, I am sorry that did not help.

I have not seen a direct email and wanted to check back in to see if you had already sent an email to our support team to start the replacement process.

Please send us an email at ‘support@plugable.com’ with the subject line ‘Ticket #324088 - Attention Pat’ and include the Amazon Order ID ( available from Amazon.com/orders ) and your preferred shipping address in the email body. We will use this to get the replacement process started.

Thank you, and I apologize for this inconvenience.

Pat
Plugable Technology
support@plugable.com

Hello,

We’re closing this thread due to inactivity, but if you have any further questions please feel free to contact support@plugable.com and we’ll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Pat
Plugable Technologies
support@plugable.com